1.19.2011

current events

voltage I mean like a 60 Hertz hum which you could eventually ignore caught up in other sound but which'll remind you it's there time to time in uncharacteristic moments of purported silence.

voltage I mean like an underlying indeterminacy quantum/otherwise but also its opposite in the sense that if you slow down you might sense general order underlying, a general state of hold together more than not despite the grim machinations of chance, cold. voltage I mean that's an easy thing to say if the lucky streak persists.

man I owe you a lot and lately I see more of you in me than I ever did. For a long time I carried only one image of you around; of someone whose resistors had snapped and electricity shot from your mouth in a screaming stream extincting scorched emotion for all in range, a kind of forceful melting to bleach memory of its joy, a kind of forever storm I still see freakishly parked to flood that fucked house.

but of late I have a different image. I see a kid I would never do that to and a kid you would never do that to the same, a chance for both of us to get it right, and there must have been a lot you got right then, if I could only remember.